People always want something more from the brand. On the other hand, the brand always tries to fulfill what people need from them. These two behaviours are actually connected to each other like symbiosis, in which people buy the brand’s product to fulfill their needs and the brand gets to profit from a consumer.
However, brands still have to face the challenge of keeping their consumers loyal. Probably before social media existed, brands would implement below-the-line (BTL) activities to certain the target audience. For example, ready-to-drink (RTD) milk product brands always conduct visits to several schools to give free samples with lots of fun games for the kids in hopes that the kids will remember the brand and product then encourage their parents to buy it later.
Now, with the existence of social media, brands will try to do whatever it takes to make people follow their official account. Keep in mind, when developing social strategies that content actually means something to the target audience. Sproutsocial.com conducted a research, finding out several reasons why people follow a brand on social media. Here are the details:
- 73% people follow a brand on social media because they are interested to the product or service.
- 58% are interested in promotions or offers and coupon programs by the brand
- 51% find that the brand is actually entertaining
- 42% people believe they’ll get incentives or special offers from the brand by following them on social media
- 41% are interested in knowing the industry deeper
- 25% want to communicate with the brand through social media
- 21% people follow a brand’s social media account because of a common interest with their friends
It should be noted that using an incentive offer would attract new followers. Think of it as a complimentary welcome hamper, right? It happens to someone of the brands through their LINE official account where they usually have giveaways for redeemable coupons for certain products and such. We assume this act will happen a lot more now and that there is a possibility to drive a brand’s profit from this strategy.
Get deeper insight by listening to customers and stay updated on the social scope by finding out the latest trends on Internet here!